6 Ways You Can Support Planned Parenthood Of Southern New England And Our Communities
Planned Parenthood is under attack like never before. The federal government is now in the hands of extremist lawmakers who have tried for years to shut down Planned Parenthood health centers and cut patients off from care. If they succeed, millions will lose the care they rely on each year, with people of color, those with low incomes, and folks in rural areas most affected.
Tell elected officials you're a part of the overwhelming majority that opposes defunding care at Planned Parenthood health centers. Tell them you stand with Planned Parenthood.
- Join our Action Network to receive emails and texts and stay on top of reproductive health, rights and access issues and learn how you can support us and our partners. Text “Stand with PP” to 22422 to join our Planned Parenthood Action mobile network. Standard data and text rates may apply. You can text STOP to quit at any time.
- Call/contact your state legislators and members of Congress: Let them know you support PPSNE and that you are asking them to protect access to the high quality health services we provide. Ask members of Congress to keep fighting for reproductive health and rights under the new administration. We'll help you with what to say. Don’t know who your legislators are? Find them here for CT and here for RI.
- Support our work.
- Donate to support PPSNE--Our health centers will always be there for people who need high quality reproductive health care and with your support we will be able to continue to serve all patients who walk through our doors—no matter what.
- Donate to Planned Parenthood Votes! CT/RI, the advocacy and political arms of PPSNE, working to protect and expand access to reproductive health and rights in Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Get Involved
You can support Planned Parenthood by making your next sexual health care appointment at one of our health centers in Connecticut or Rhode Island.
- Come to our monthly Volunteer Nights the second Wednesday of every month in RI at 111 Point Street, Providence, from 4-7pm and the third Wednesday of every month in CT at 345 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, from 5:30 to 8pm
- Become a part of our Health Center Advocacy program or Welcome Crew or Patient Escort program. Fill out a PPSNE volunteer application online.
- Write a letter to the editor to your local paper. Tell them Planned Parenthood is in danger and needs our support to continue to provide important health care services for all people in CT and RI. Sample letters here.
- Host a house party. Invite your friends and family to have a conversation about reproductive health and rights and what’s at stake for health care access.
- If you want to be part of a youth network of activists and organizers--join Planned Parenthood Generation Action and become a leader in the movement.
- Speak Out Against Hate
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England’s patients include many of the groups that the Trump-Pence ticket targeted: immigrants, Muslims, and others. They are Black, Latinx, and LGBTQ. Planned Parenthood’s patients are from all walks of life, and they all deserve access to health care in a safe and welcoming place.
Wherever you are — online or IRL — declare your rejection of hate and your solidarity with the communities Trump has attacked. Show that you believe every single person is deserving of respect, dignity, and equal rights under the law.
You don’t have to take a stand alone. There are several groups supporting solidarity with intersecting communities. Here are a few local organizations in CT and RI:
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Fight for $15
- The Movement for Black Lives policy agenda
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ)
- Trust Black Women: Report anti-abortion activity in the Black community to SisterSong and a Trust Black Women partner
- Unidad Latina en Acción (ULA)New Haven Workers Association
- Junta for Progressive Action
- Moral Monday CT
- Black Lives Matter New Haven
- CT Students for a Dream
- True Colors
- Make the Road CT
- CT TransAdvocacy Coalition
- AIDS Connecticut
- Tweet Your Defiance—and Follow Us
Show on social media that you reject hate and refuse to let the next president roll back the rights we’ve fought so hard to secure. Tweet and post using the hashtags #wewontgoback and #IStandwithPP to add your voice to the national conversation.
Follow Planned Parenthood Votes! Connecticut and Planned Parenthood Votes! Rhode Island on Facebook, on Twitter (@ppvotesct)(@ppvotesri) and Instagram to stay in the loop on actions you can take to support us and our partners.
Of course, these are just a few things you can do now. The opportunities to get involved and fight back won’t end here. Not even close. In this time of uncertainty, you can be sure that there will be more ways to take meaningful action in the days ahead. Thank you for standing with us.
Have more ideas or questions? Contact us at: [email protected]